Friday, August 18, 2006

I couldn't resist this:

So, one day after I told you that the Iowa Democratic Party is advising candidates not to respond to my questionnaire, the WCF Courier has this editorial based on the fact that 95% of candidates have also refused to return a survey sent out by Project Vote Smart.

Richard Kimball of the Project has the best quote:

"If candidates are so afraid of letting their opponents know where they stand on key issues, how can they possibly let the voters know how they will handle the job if they are hired? Candidates have lost sight of who their prospective employers are," Kimball said.

"One campaign consultant told me, 'It's not our job to educate --- it's our job to win.'"


WANTED: One set of guts and/or testicles for 148 legislative candidates to share.

KL

3 comments:

John said...

Ten years ago when I ran for state rep they were telling me not to answer any surveys unless $/endorsements were involved. At least in that era, Project Vote Smart had a very simple yes-no format with no room for nuance - they may have addressed that concern .

And of course that was dog-years ago in terms of the internet...

Anonymous said...

I'll get my survey filled out ASAP, I have been busy knocking on doors and refusing to accept any PAC money.

Mark Nolte
Candidate for the Iowa House
District 89

The Deplorable Old Bulldog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.