Sunday, September 17, 2006

Some Sunday random notes:

Three thoughts today:

1) If you came here on a link from Senator Harkin's Steak Fry emails, welcome. I am not at the Steak Fry, but guest blogger Lynn Heuss, who you may remember from this guest post, is there and will have a report later today or tomorrow.

2) On a more personal note, I've started updating the weight tracker in the sidebar again. A series of illnesses and related sideeffects have kept me from doing much for the last month or so, but I'm back on the horse and plan on sticking to a routine of Sunday weigh-ins and updates.

3) Finally, the Cubs are winning 11-0 in the 8th inning, so to keep Cubs fans from getting too high on themselves, I'd like to share my favorite Cubs joke.

A man walks into an antique store, looking for a gift for a friend. He finds a brass rat, ponders it for a moment, then takes it to the counter.

"I should tell you the story behind that rat," the owner says.

"I don't have much time," the man says. "Just put it in a bag."

The owner nods, and the man pays for the rat and leaves. A rat follows him out of the store. He gets in his car and notices that more rats are following him. Soon, he's attracted hundreds of rats, and more are coming every second. He stops on a bridge and throws the brass rat into the river. The rats follow it and drown. The man ponders this for a moment, then returns to the antique store.

"I suppose you'd like to hear the story now?" the owner asks.

"No, not really," the man said. "But do you have any brass Cubs fans?"


KL

No comments: