Friday, January 05, 2007

REACTION: Breaking butter news

So I've had a minor change in plans today. I was scheduled to work this morning, go to the gym this afternoon and go to the Quad Cities for a wrestling show tonight. Fifteen minutes before I was to arrive at work, I received a call asking if I could reschedule. So no work today.

Instead, I decided to take my car in for an oil change, since I was due and I was scheduled to drive about 600 miles between today and tomorrow. Also, one of my front tires was making a funny sound and I wanted to get it checked out. It turns out that somehow my axle got bent. They're going to be able to fix it but it's a $600+ job and has left me without a car since 9:30 this morning.

So now, absent $600, I really shouldn't be spending the gas money or the ticket price to go to the Quad Cities tonight. So I decided to sit back down and blog, partly because it's free and partly because it doesn't require me to leave my apartment. And I found news that's practically tailor-made for my mood:

BREAKING NEWS: The woman who makes the Butter Cow can sculpt other things too.

No matter where you go, there will always be at least one person, usually more, who has a wealth of talent but lives their entire life under one label. I feel like Norma Lyon, the "butter cow lady," probably fits that criteria. At the very least, she can also sculpt cows out of bronze.

KL

No comments: