Going meatless for a day by itself isn't really a healthy change. I could have, for example, gotten by with three servings of mac and cheese today (I know a thing or two about mac and cheese) and technically met this goal. That's not the point, though. The point was to replace a couple of servings of meat with something healthier, like some fruits or vegetables. Here's what I ate today:
- A panini with nine grain bread, homemade pesto with asparagus, spring garlic, basil, greens and nuts and a slice of Muenster cheese.
- A salad with greens, a few crumbles of blue cheese and half a peach.
- The other half of the peach
- A piece of low-sugar homemade strawberry rhubarb crisp.
- Pasta with more of the pesto mentioned above
- Broiled sesame garlic snow peas.
This wasn't my healthiest day ever (especially since I blew my goal with breakfast) by any means, but it's a start.
Did I exercise today? Yes, I ran 1.5 miles. Going to try to run every day for a while again.