Saturday, June 17, 2006

So this is what I get for blogging about my sleep cycle...

So remember yesterday, when I told you about how great I slept?

The sleep gods are kicking my ass for that. Maybe it's the aftermath of my meeting with Gravel, maybe it's the fact that State Convention is today, or maybe it's the fact that it's f*cking hot in my apartment (even after cooling off overnight, it's 83 in here this morning), but I didn't fall asleep til after 2 and at 5 I had been lying awake long enough to give up.

Funny story: When I first started working for Fallon, I'd wake up in the middle of the night struck by an idea all the time. I'd get up, write a few paragraphs about it so I'd remember in the morning, and go back to bed. Sometimes the stuff would be useful, but on a few separate occasions I got up, wrote a few paragraphs of gobbeldy-gook without any coherent elements, and woke up a few hours later only to stare at it and wonder what the hell I could've been thinking. I should've saved some of that stuff.

So, with that said, since I can't tell if I'm coherent or not, I'm limiting myself to some relatively mindless meta-blogging this morning.

I've cleaned the inactives out of the list of favorite blogs on your right. If you've got a blog you think should be in my favorites, let me know.

I've also added about half a dozen newspapers to the list of newspapers farther down on your right. If you're going to have a list of newspapers, might as well have a complete list.

Bret Hayworth finally came around on what the Fallon campaign was telling the press for months: Iowans don't care who their elected officials are voting for.

Chris Woods attended the Democratic Elitism dinner last night, but so far has only posted a quick roundup. Read the comments on Chris' post to see the transcript of a speech given by Berkley Bedell which I wish I had seen live.

John Deeth is skipping state convention today. If I lived outside Des Moines, I probably would too.

I'll take notes at convention today but I doubt I'll bring a laptop to liveblog, and by the time I get home I probably won't feel like writing about it, so Political Forecast is probably your best bet for convention coverage.

Time to get in the shower.

KL

No comments: