Friday, June 16, 2006

No, I'm not at the "Democratic Unity" dinner tonight.

It's probably safe to assume that most of my readers read Political Forecast too, so you've probably seen these two posts about tonight's Iowa Democratic Party "Democratic Unity" Hall of Fame Dinner tonight. I'm not there. Not because I'm not interested in promoting Democratic unity, but because I'm not interested in promoting that kind of unity.

You see, if you're going to hold an event as an attempt to promote party unity, you should make it accessible to:

Culver, Blouin and Fallon supporters (check)
Pro-life and pro-choice (check)
Pro and anti-death penalty (check)
Rich and poor...

We have a problem. This "Democratic Unity" event is unavailable to anyone who couldn't afford or didn't want to attend a $50/plate event. I was fortunate enough to work for a candidate in the primaries, so I was invited to attend for free. I declined. Most other Iowans in poverty, as usual, were ignored.

KL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truth!

Anonymous said...

word.

Anonymous said...

Holla.

Chelsea said...

Man, that shit was amazing. And by amazing, I mean boring.