Iowa Political Watch and DemIowa have both been inactive for a month. In their place I'm adding some new blood.
Patriot Skull Face really should've been up on my list a long time ago, and the reason he's not is actually pretty stupid: I find his yellow on black page layout almost completely unreadable. Like many other things you're welcome to joke about in the comments, it's easier in the dark.
Joe Says So is written by Joe of the Tax Update Blog. Tax updates rarely concern me. I pay them but I work in politics so my income is usually pretty minimal. Joe's non-work, ranting blog is occasionally great.
Conspiracy Theorist also appears to be infrequently written, but his post on the ICAN forum makes him worth a periodic check.
Now that that's out of the way:
We held a press conference at the office today. Click here for the related press release, but here's the gist of it, in my words:
Early indications are caucuses went well. We've already received returns from over 170 precincts and know of at least 400 supporters going to county conventions for Fallon. We've swept all the delegates in at least seventeen precincts. We're hoping this success from our grassroots organization will show some of the naysayers that we really are in a position to win without big money.
Now, here's the part I want to stress is just me.
Blouin trotted out another endorsement this week, from Attorney General and other notable pro-life Democrat Tom Miller. But in all the caucuses I've seen results from, Blouin was hardly mentioned, much less supported. So it looks like all his legislative and elected official endorsements amount to 51 votes. We pulled down 32 votes in one precinct in Des Moines.
Also, here's the greatest example of timing I've ever seen. Citizens for Community Improvement (CCI) has been working on a report for months on the influence of money in politics. They're a tremendous, hardworking group and they've put together a tremendous report on donors to campaigns on the state level. Today, they set it loose. Tomorrow, you're going to read about how much money Chet Culver and Mike Blouin and Patty Judge have raised. You're going to hear about their big supporters, be they Bill Knapp, corporate bigwigs, agribusiness, etc. I hope you'll keep that article in mind while you're reading it.
Finally, I'll close with the fun part:
- KL Snow was named after KL Snow the taxi driver in Frank Capra's 'It's a Wonderful Life'.
- On stone temples in southern India, there are more than 30 million carved images of KL Snow.
- You share your birthday with KL Snow!
- Over 2000 people have now climbed KL Snow, with roughly ten percent dying on the way down!
- Only 55 percent of Americans know that the sun is made of KL Snow!
- While performing her duties as queen, Cleopatra sometimes dressed up as KL Snow.
- The pupil of an octopus's eye is shaped like KL Snow.
- Bananas don't grow on trees - they grow on KL Snow.
- US gold coins used to say 'In KL Snow we trust'.
- The state nickname of Iowa is 'The KL Snow state'.
All of them are false, of course. All of them but #10 should be false, too. :)