Monday, January 16, 2006

Near-live caucus blogging

Ok, since Drew, Chris and John all are doing it too, I'm not going to bore you too much with details from my caucus. But I will tell you this.

I'm tremendously optimistic for the future.

We had 14 attendees at my caucus tonight. We passed seven resolutions, including universal health care, election finance reform, renewable energy, civil unions, etc. Only somewhat exciting stuff.

Then we went to elect delegates, and we broke into preference groups. Fourteen people in the room. Twelve broke into the Fallon group. One settled in undecided. One started walking towards the Judge corner, looked back and saw the tide going the other way, and moved back to undecided. Fallon swept four delegates. Other results I know from tonight:

We swept Des Moines 41.
We took 2 of the 3 in Pella 3 and in Des Moines 57.

Sounds like Ames went pretty well too, especially considering we swept ISU.

I guess we'll know more tomorrow, but tonight, I feel pretty good.

KL

No comments: