Sunday, January 29, 2006

How not to win elections, Volume 1:

Sorry I've been inactive the last few days, Laura and I just got back from a weekend in Dubuque. But as I was checking the news today, I couldn't resist this:

Elesha Gayman is one of my favorite candidates for State Rep. She's a strong progressive. We need to elect her and about 10 more like her, then maybe, maybe we can start accomplishing something.

Anyway, she received a national endorsement from Democracy for America last week. It hit the QC Times this weekend, here's the story. But if you're not going to read the whole thing, just check out this quote from her likely opponent, Jim Van Fossen:

“I’m going to be running hard and scared,” he said Friday.

That's a textbook example of something you don't tell the press. Van Fossen should start planning for life after the legislature.

KL

No comments: