Saturday, January 08, 2005

Just something that occured to me today...

Here's an All New One Act Play by KL Snow, not new in that it just happened, but new in that I thought about it again today.

KL is running errands on the day before Election Day with AMY, one of my supervisors and friends with the Democratic Party. AMY was beautiful, smart and funny...I haven't seen her since the day after Election Day, but that's besides the point. Anyway, on this day, AMY and I were at HyVee in a series of errands, when AMY remembered she needed a pack of cigarettes. Then, while checking out, she remembered she needed a lighter too.

AMY: I need a lighter, do you see any?
KL spots a rack of lighters and points to it.
AMY: Can you grab me one?
KL wanders over and arbitrarily picks out a yellow lighter. He comes back and hands it to AMY.
AMY: A yellow one? You know they're bad luck, right? Although I've also heard that black ones are bad luck, and red ones...
KL: I think it's possible that smoking is bad luck.
AMY laughs.

Admittedly, I made a good joke in this case. But do you ever wonder what would have happened if in that one moment of truth you had arbitrarily picked the blue lighter? Yeah, me too.

This has been KL Snow.

No comments: