Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Greetings from Appleton, WI, new home away from home of the one and only KL Snow. I'm on my day off from work, but sadly Laura is not, so that's leaving me some time to kill.

But, I do have a story to tell, so without further ado, it's AN ALL NEW ONE ACT PLAY BY KL SNOW! I call this one, "Wow, that was stupid."

KL is in the basement of LAURA'S house watching the 17th inning of a 0-0 baseball game at about 1:45 in the morning. Scott Podsednik doubles, scoring Craig Counsell and giving the Brewers a 1-0 lead. Everyone else is asleep, KL is in the basement by himself.

KL jumps off the couch with his fist raised in the air, smacking his fist and head on the ceiling loudly and simultaneously. Realizing what he just did, KL gets very quiet to see if he hears anyone moving to find the source of the noise. A few moments pass quietly.

KL squeezes his left hand and feels something wrong. He looks down and finds his left middle finger now points way farther to the left than it did before. After a few moments of wiggling, it painfully pops back into the knuckle it came from.

KL: Wow, that was stupid.

In the middle of writing this one act I was called to help Laura's dad move what remains of an old shed in his backyard. The moving itself was nothing notable, working hard to carry things because I want Laura's dad to like me, but then the neighbor from across the street came over to help haul the wood away. We took it to the dump and had one of my favorite "I wish I had a camera" moments of all time. We pulled up to a big dumpster with two legs sticking out of it. Yes, two legs. With pants and shoes on. Apparently someone threw away a mannequin. But it was funny looking from a distance.

That's all for today. I've gotta go clean up before Laura gets home.

Humor concludes. This has been KL Snow.

No comments: