Thursday, March 03, 2005

Ok, news flash.

The world around me, and unless you're from somewhere else, the world around you, is STUPID.

Back to back cases in point.

I was home tonight and I was bored. So bored I decided to go into the gym to work out on what would normally be an off day for me. I should've recognized this as a bad omen.

I got to the gym and got on the elliptical machine, which normally beats the crap out of me for about 40 minutes, before I go let weights beat the crap out of me some more. Normally I listen to a CD during this time. Tonight my CD was skipping. I should've recognized this as a bad omen.

But instead, I changed the channel on my headphones and started listening to CNN. Yes, that's right, CNN, a primary source of news and informed debate in our country. Sometimes. But not tonight. Tonight, there was a debate taking place. A debate between a congressman and a housewife. The topic, you ask? Start times of movies. Yes, that's right. The housewife was angry and thought a law should be made forcing theaters to start movies at their advertised time, with no previews. This woman apparently has nothing more important in her life than this matter.

I got off the machine. There was no way I could have stayed on the machine and not hurt myself while listening to this debate. Stupidity on this level throws me into rage of Lewis Black proportions. So I went to the locker room, changed clothes, got in my car, and did what I always do when I see something stupid: I called Ryan. Ryan is either the person who always gives me a sympathy laugh whether I'm funny or not or the person with the sense of humor most similar to mine, I'm not sure which. Anyway, I vented at Ryan, Ryan laughed, and I was starting to feel better when I got home. Until I checked my e-mail and found this, from Ticketmaster.

"Don't miss Aaron Carter." Yes, Ticketmaster, which has sold me exactly one ticket in my life, sent me an e-mail to let me know that Aaron Carter will be performing in West Des Moines, on Friday the 22nd of April. Aaron Carter is the musical equivalent of having a live grenade shoved up your ass. Thank you Ticketmaster, and thank you CNN, two prominent entities in a world around me which is inherently STUPID.

This has been KL Snow.

No comments: