Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Ok, got 29 minutes before class, but there hasn't been a blog post in a long time, and most of you who will read this already know why, but in case you don't, here's a quick reason: There are only 24 hours in a day, too few to maintain a job on a presidential campaign, a weekend job, 18 credit hours of school, and addictions to Turtles and Pirates.

Anyway, today's thought.

This is gonna repeat with my AIM away message, but bear with me anyway. Laura got up this morning at 4:30 to go feed the homeless breakfast. Our conversation about it last night went something like this:

LAURA: I've gotta get up early tomorrow.
KL: Why?
LAURA: I'm going to go feed the homeless for the Salvation Army.
KL: How early?
LAURA: Probably around 4:30. I've gotta be there by 5.
KL: Why do they need to eat so early? What else do they have to do?
LAURA: Well, I need to go, cause if I don't, no one will and they won't get fed.

So there's still a blank question in there. Why do they need to eat so early? Do they have a big day planned and want to eat first? It really makes no sense to me. I ate breakfast at 10:30 this morning...if I can do that, certainly the homeless can let their charitable helpers sleep another hour or two and eat at 8:30.

But Laura got up and left this morning (I was shocked too) and I couldn't get back to sleep. After about 15 minutes Pirates beckoned me and I did the zombie walk out to my computer, sat down, and clicked on Pirates. It wouldn't open. I checked my AIM list to see if anyone else was having this problem. My AIM had disconnected too. Matter of fact, all my connections were gone. I'd like to take this opportunity to throw a shout out to Mediacom. Even when I want to do something at the strangest possible time, you found a way to keep me from getting what I wanted out of your "unlimited" service. Cause it's "unlimited" internet. Except when it's down.

Ok, I've got like 4 more minutes before I've gotta go and I haven't tried to be funny yet. So here goes. Here are...for the first time ever in print....jokes that tanked in my public speaking class speech!

1 minute background: The author I was speaking about had just found out his college wrestling program, which had paid his way through college and earned him four varsity letters, had been cut. Now, the awful jokes.

1. David Fleming paid his way through college at Miami of Ohio by wrestling...no, not the kind with the steel chairs and Hulk Hogan, the amateur kind.

2. In this article my author is angry. But he's not angry because he was left off the third season of Celebrity Poker on Bravo, he's angry because his program was cut.

Can you believe no one laughed? Yeah, me too.

Pathetic humor concludes. This has been KL Snow.

No comments: