Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Ok, it's been a while, it's finals week, so i'm a little busy, but I've got lots of news, so here goes:

First of all, I've got a job! (Which means I really should stop randomly shouting "They took our jorbs!" But...but...but it's so much fun! Thank you South Park for once again giving me a catch phrase people will have to strangle me to get me to stop using.) As of monday at about 12:30 or so I'm officially the new Group Sales Intern of the Missoula Osprey of the Pioneer League. Yes, that's right, I'm spending the summer in Bumblefu...I mean Missoula, Montana. So if you're looking for a KL Snow fix to call your very own before May 24, 2004 (my first day in Missoula), here's a tenative schedule.

Friday: The KL Snow's Early 21st Birthday/End of school bash at the apartment. Current ideas for themes are "Bring your own meat grilling," and "let's sit and watch every episode of the live-action Batman series." We'll probably do the first one and only a little of the second one, but it's really my going away party in Des Moines, so I want to see as many people as possible.

Sunday or so: Leave for Minocqua to make my farewell voyage through the Northwoods. Most of this time is unscheduled and therefore open for requests.

Next Thursday or so: Leave Minocqua for the last time of the summer, which will be really weird seeing as it will be May. Head to Wisconsin Rapids for some general revelry before Montana.

Next Saturday: Party with mom's side of the family
Next Sunday (tenatively): Party with dad's side of the family
Next Monday: Return to Des Moines, where I will camp out until the 21st or 22nd, at which point I leave for Missoula.

August 28: Depart Missoula, Destination Des Moines.
August 30: Arrive Des Moines, start school a week late.

So yeah. I'm gonna be gone a really long time and if you wanna see me before I wander off into Big Sky country (which I'm pretty sure is only called that because there's NOTHING else), give me a call or IM me or something.

So I did something fun today. I had a final at 7:30 this morning, and have another at 9:30 this morning, and that makes my mood...less than pretty. So this morning I got in my car and the CD player wouldn't work. So I turned on sports talk radio...normally it's ESPN but in the morning it's two local...gentlemen. This morning they spent 20 minutes during my drive in arguing about a completely baseline baseball argument that was settled by a rule change in the 50's. I listened to it for about 15 minutes and then decided enough was enough...I called in and took them from pillar to post, bashing their heads against everything I found on the way. It probably wasn't the nicest thing to do, and i'm sure they don't like KL Snow very much anymore, but it was so much fun. It's a handy wake-up technique if ever there was one. Sorry, Marty and whoever the other guy is, you just happened to be stupid in the middle of my drive.

But I've got a final at 9:30 and i haven't studied one bit yet. So I'm out.

Mini-celebration concludes. This has been KL Snow.

No comments: